Friday 14 September 2012

Unconscious Habits


Sick of being a certain way, or doing certain things, but can’t seem to get over it?
Typical vices aren’t the only habits we have that could use breaking.  Many of our undesired aspects seem to run on autopilot.

I’d like to share a story with you regarding habits that I experienced this morning.

Returning to bed in the dark of night, feet shuffling and hands groping for potential curse-inducing obstacles, I managed to find my way back under the covers.  Barely nodding off before I awoke again, I felt a soft but gripping tension return to my solar plexus.  Hmm, return?  Dozing off seemed to have freed me from my body enough for a new perspective.  Returning to it made me aware of the sensations I habitually hold in my body.

“No, not again,” I thought as the tension returned.  “That’s enough of this.”  I realized that this tension was an unconscious habit.  It was something I was putting back on again and again, without even knowing. 

As a healer who energetically removes blocks and issues from my clients, I decided it was high time I used those techniques on myself.  So up I went to the higher realm the angels taught me to access and asked how to heal not only this, but all of the things I was habitually burdening myself with.  What appeared was a wide, clear energetic tube that worked like a vacuum.  I passed it over every part of my body and it sucked up the negative habits and shot them into a divine light so bright and powerful that they disintegrated.  I must say that it was an ugly mess to see at first, but when the vacuuming was done, only a shining energy being remained – me. 

As I started my day, I wondered what it would be like, free of my habits.  Or, I thought, would I simply revert back?  Then I noticed myself noticing.  I was recognizing old thoughts, but now I was saying, “Nope, that’s just a memory, it’s no longer there.”  This kept me from repeating those habits.  It was noticeable to others.  The trainer at the gym asked me what I had done, as he couldn’t believe the things I was accomplishing with so much ease.

This experience has made me realize in a tangible way that everything we are, everything we think, believe, and do are actually choices we make.  Many of these choices seem to occur on an unconscious level, and keep recurring out of habit. 

However, the simple act of noticing a formerly unconscious habit gives us power.  Next time you recognize something undesired, search a little bit for the thought or belief habit that may be at the root.  You might be able to say to yourself, “Nope, that’s a just a thought I got used to thinking.  I’m leaving it in the past and choosing a new thought today.”

If you have difficulty with this, don’t be hard on yourself.  Habits are stubborn by nature.   I’m happy to help vacuum you out to make the process easier.

Take advantage of my Fall Specials to save on your vacuuming session.

No comments:

Post a Comment